Long gone are the days of the utilitarian shower head. Today’s spigots are anything but standard. From sleek handheld units to adjustable sprays to stand-up spas, the bathroom hardware aisle has begun to rain a torrent of tantalizing options.
If you are looking for the best shower head on the market, then you’ve come to the right place. There are shower heads available of all shapes and sizes, so we compiled this guide to help you narrow down the field and find that perfect shower head for your bathroom.
Remember, the type of shower head you choose will largely dictate the ‘performance’ of the shower – how comfortable showering is, how effectively water is delivered, how much pressure it’s delivered with and over what area.
Shower Head Reviews for 2015
1. Speakman S-2005-HB Shower Head
Speakman S-2005-HB is one of the best shower head models in the industry. This shower head is used in many of the world’s finest hotels. For just a small investment you get incredible quality of the Speakman brand and great personalization of your shower experience.
The primary feature of the S-2005-HB is the Speakman’s patented Anystream 360 technology, which is incorporated in all the brand’s shower heads. The unit is equipped with 5 adjustable jets. The shower head can produce 50 individual streams as well as 8 pulsating massage sprays. To adjust your shower experience all you need to do is simply rotate the lever.
Some features of the Speakman S-2005-HB
- Features patented Anystream® 360° technology
- Equipped with 5 adjustable jets producing 50 individual streams and 8 pulsating massage sprays
- Constructed of lightweight Speakman® engineered plastic
- 2.5 gpm flow control, fits standard U.S. plumbing connections
- Self-cleaning nozzles offer consistent powerful spray performance even under low water pressure
- Limited lifetime warranty, same quality grade used in hotels
2. Moen S6320 Velocity Shower Head
One of the best among rainshower models is the Moen S6320 Velocity. It comes in a chrome finish that is guaranteed to last a lifetime without tarnishing, corroding or flaking.
It’s a two-function shower head that can give either a calming rain rinse or a self-pressurized spray. To change the function you simply need to flip the lever. The shower head features Immersion technology, which is designed to concentrate and magnify the water’s force for enhancing your showering experience.
Some of the features of the Moen S6320 Velocity
- generously sized 8″ diameter rainshower for exceptional water coverage
- advanced, self-pressurizing technology channels water through the showerhead with three times more spray power for a more thorough rinse
- two-function: rainshower and concentrated rinse
- limited lifetime warranty
3. AKDY AZ6021 Rain Style
Another grain rain shower head is offered by the AKDY brand. The entire body of the shower head is made of solid durable plastic. It comes in a chrome finish, which gives the unit a bright and mirrored look. It features a sleek thin square design, measuring 8 inches on all sides.
AKDY AZ6021 is a rain style of shower head, so the water coming out of the nozzles creates a rain fall experience. You can adjust the angle of the shower head using the swivel adapter. The water flow rate for this model is 2.5 gpm.
Some features of the AKDY AZ6021 shower head
- Material: Plastic
- Size: 8″
- Style: Rain Style
- We have arm too $16.99, type in ASIN:B0030AB8IA
4. Thunderhead TH2.5 Shower Head
Thunderhead TH2.5 provides amazing spray power with its 90 spray jets. The pressure chamber of the unit provides a forceful and stimulating flow. The large diameter of the head provides wide area coverage of the body and wide track speed.
Some features of the Thunderhead TH2.5 shower head
- Awesome spray power. A pressure chamber evenly disperses the spray from ninety spray jets in a forceful and stimulating flow.
- Easy installation. The shower arm coupling fits into the palm of the hand for threading onto the shower pipe securely without the need for tools.
- Never clogs up. Clean the unit easily by squeezing the pliable nipples to instantly clear hard water scale from the ninety spray jets.
- Wide track spread. The large diameter head sprays to cover the entire chest area from 90 evenly-spaced jets.
- Please Note: Model TH002.5 replaces model TH001 in the USA
5. Hansgrohe 27474001
One of the best shower heads in the market is the Hansgroge 27474001 model. It has a large diameter of 95 inches, which provides great spray area coverage.
It comes with an amazing design and innovative AirPower technology, which is designed to provide the most calming shower experience. It works by mixing the water passing through the jets with air and as a result you get gentle and pleasant water droplets on your skin.
Some features of the Hansgroge 27474001 shower head
- With the large showerhead (9.375 inches) and RainAir spray mode, you can enjoy an especially intense shower experience
- Enjoy the exceptional design of the overhead shower and the long lifetime of the fully chrome-plated spray disc
- Cleaning is child’s play thanks to the QuickClean anti-calcification function Limescale deposits are simply rubbed from the flexible silicon nozzles
- AirPower technology enriches the water with air, resulting in soft, pleasant water droplets on your skin
Best Types of Shower Heads for 2015
Whether your ideal shower invigorates you in the morning or relieves sore muscles at the end of the day, having the right type of shower head for your bathroom means a lot.
A number of shower head types that one can choose from exist in the market. The following is a list of just a few types. Learn about the different types and determine which one will work best in your bathroom:
1. Rain shower heads
These are large, flat heads that are suspended directly above the user and direct the spray straight down. Simulating a natural rain shower, the Rain Shower head makes you feel like you are in nature.
2. Hand held shower heads
Hand-held shower heads are connected to the wall by a flexible tube or hose, allowing a range of motion. Hand-held showerheads most often hang on a fixed-mount bracket, which can sometimes be fixed low on the wall to adhere to the principles of universal design. Hand-held showerheads are also useful for bathing children and pets, and they make cleaning the shower and tub easy.
3. Lighted or LED Shower Heads
Enhanced by LED lights to provide adjustable, mood-matching illumination that can make your habitual shower routine that much more pleasurable and convenient.
This LED shower head will turn your shower into a disco!
4. Wall-mounted or fixed shower heads
Fixed shower heads are mounted permanently to the wall of the shower unit. Some fixed showerheads are mounted in such a way that the height can be adjusted to accommodate different people.
Some have only one setting, while others boast mist, massage, and assorted other shower effects. Prices run the gamut, but if you’re economizing, this is where to start your search.
5. Ceiling mounted shower heads
Not every shower head is mounted on the wall, some shower heads can be mounted from the ceiling. While it’s not standard and depends really on how your plumbing was done it can be especially effective and make your titled shower walls look much cleaner.
The ceiling mounted shower heads are especially good with the larger rain shower heads and are the preferred shower head of tall people. Typically, it’s the rain shower heads that require ceiling mounts dues to the size of the shower head like the 20 inch rain shower featured in the picture above it needs to be ceiling mounted and one of the best choices as well.
Some of the best shower head brands in the market
Waterpik Shower Heads
Before you go out and spend a bunch of money on the best shower heads you might want to take a look at the list of Waterpik shower heads for the most convenient and cheapest shower heads currently on the market. While they really aren’t the best they are the most affordable and Waterpik is a leading name for all kinds of bathroom products, we are ShowerLover highly recommend.
Moen Shower Heads
While Moen has a reputation for creating the words best faucets it’s shower head range at least I believe is underated. They make some of the most beautiful shower fixtures in the world and the shower heads that Moen actually make are some of the best quality in the world. As you can tell I really like Moen and what they do with their products, I like the fact that they have the same design but using different materiels so even if you want the same look you can do so at any budget.
Delta shower heads
Who knew a shower head could be this inspired?
Whether your ideal shower invigorates you in the morning or relieves sore muscles at the end of the day, Delta offers a shower head inspired by your ideals.
Kohler Shower Heads
Kohler is one of those other great showerhead manufacturers and brands that is synonymous with luxury bathroom design. I bet the vast majority of the country have something in their bathroom from Kohler and if they didn’t their neighbor would have or they would have most likely have used something from Kohler, in my mind they simply have the best Kohler shower heads.
For energy savings, look for a low-flow shower head, which uses less water than a standard model. According to government standards, no showerhead can have a water flow rate greater than 2.5 gallons per minute at a standardized pressure of 80psi (pounds per square inch. Low-flow shower heads use even less than that, which translates to lower energy costs to the consumer.
Think carefully about what you want from your shower head before you buy it, and consider who will use it, how it will look in your bathroom and how much water it uses. There are a huge range of shower heads available, and provided that you have an idea of what you need, finding the right shower head for your shower shouldn’t be that difficult.