- 1 Abu-Garcia Veritas Series Micro-Guide Casting Rod Review
- 2 Dobyns Champion 7’9″ Medium Heavy Mike Long Signature Swimbait Rod 795 ML SB Review
- 3 Falcon Rods BuCoo Spinning Rod Review
- 4 Fenwick EWS72ML-F 6.3-Foot Elite Tech Walleye Jigging Rod Review
- 5 G. Loomis Greenwater GWMR 843C Casting Rod Review
- 6 Lamiglas Xmg 50 Casting rod (EXC 92M, 9-Feet/2-Inch) Review
- 7 Okuma Fishing Tackle TCS-C-731H Scott Martin Concept TCS Technique Specific Casting Rods Review
- 8 Penn Ally 2050 Boat Casting Rods Review
- 9 Quantum Fishing Smoke 1Pc Casting Rod Review
- 10 Tica HLHB Salmon Steelhead Spinning Fishing Rod Review
Originally made from bamboo, reeds, and other pliable yet rugged materials, fishing rods have evolved from mere sticks to high-tech, high-performance flexible lengths of composite and synthetic materials. Varying in length, flexibility, and materials, modern fishing rods usually taper in width from butt to tip and can be made from graphite, boron, fiberglass, and stainless steel among other things.
The following are some of the best fishing rods for 2016.
This rod’s flexibility separates it from others of its kind. Whether you are away from the water or on top water, users need something that gives them the maximum amount of control. With the Micro-Guide Casting Rod, sensitivity is at its maximum level.
Now, will have the option to increase their distance and fine-tune their accuracy. To ease the accuracy of this rod, new EVA handles have been constructed for increased comfort and grip, thus it creates a less cumbersome job on the lake.
With increased accuracy options comes one of the prime pros most users are looking for — a lighter rod. Abu-Garcia delivers this with a mere 4.2 ounces, a significantly decreased number, opposed to many other rods on the market. In turn, this will provide maximum flexibility without increased weight problems.
While the rod does have a drop off in weight, its durability remains intact. This new version of the rod features a new technology called the Spiral Carbon Core. This feature increases the break strength by 22% more, while the tip strength expanded to 30%. With this 30 Ton graphite construction, users will no longer be at risk of their rod breaking on them.
The only con to be seen on this rod has been the occasional guide break. While most users have experienced extended use with this rod, some have found after extended use, i.e. six months to a year or more to have broken rod guides. However, this appears to be a rare case.
The Dobyns Champion 7’9″ Medium Heavy Mike Long Signature Swim bait Rod 795 ML SB is made by Mike Long wish list along with Gary Dobyns in order to build the best fishing rods ever that combines the technology of two different top rods.
The rods are made of correctly balanced handles that are normally fitted with Kigen stainless steel. They offer comfort when holding it, as they are light and stay well balanced in water for long days. They are also designed to pull up big swim baits perfectly and smoothly.
Dobyns Champion 7’9″ Medium Heavy Mike Long Signature Swim bait Rod 795 ML contains well fixed innovative hook keepers that help it to perform its functions in a well-systematized way.
They also contain stainless steel frames that enable them to stay for a long time without wear or tear. The Mike long rod is usually covered by Dobyns Limited Lifetime warranty making them more dependable to use.
Moreover, through the correct orientation along the spline of the blank to new hook keepers and comfortable balanced handles with a high-quality cork, no detail has ever been overlooked while designing these high-quality fishing rods that are normally very rare to find.
The Dobyns champion has a tremendous visual appeal to bass and has the ability to draw fish from long distances to strike because of its natural look and action. It can also work well in deep waters. Former Bass master Elite series competitor and bass master open champion Paul Hirosky praises these fishing rods for their high performance an easy to use.
Falcon Rods BuCoo Spinning Rod in itself is a value for money article owing to the specifics that it has in store for the customer. While precision and an efficient built are what lures anglers towards any rod and reel, this particular product is a self-defining product in itself owing to its ability to be consistent in its performance.
Premium quality and highly durable FXB graphite blanks ensure high durability, along with reliable 100% genuine Fuji components. The built in itself is strong and compact in terms of rigidity. The rod is framed for providing maximum stability owing to the exposed blank Fuji reel seat. The weight has been compromised for the ease of precision grip owing to its innovative split handles that come along with foam-padded grips.
It is a precision model for parabolic to moderate action lures and depends on the need of the customer. Owing to its stability and low weight, one can expect fast action and a comfortable feel when holding it.
The reel seat is of excellent quality and built compared to its plastic counterparts that can be found in models that are more expensive. It is a rod that is totally suited for outdoor sports and activities and is worth the bucks spent for it. Best suited for bass anglers, this rod surely is an asset for them.
Fenwick EWS72ML-F 6.3-Foot Elite Tech Walleye Jigging Rod, Medium Power, Extra Fast Action, as they are presented, was constructed in Graphite and overlapped by carbon-fiber layers, which make it strong, having a great action effect. It also contains a Hard Chromium Guide System, which is great for braided line applications.
One of the best features of Fenwick EWS72ML-F 6.3-Foot Elite Tech Walleye Jigging Rod, Medium Power, Extra Fast Action is its durability and the fact that it is lightweight. Its handles are positioned in a way you feel comfortable fishing, and the best is that it can adapt to all weather conditions.
Fenwick rods are generally very trustworthy, and Fenwick EWS72ML-F 6.3-Foot Elite Tech Walleye Jigging Rod, Medium Power, Extra Fast Action couldn’t be different. Time tested, versatility and reliability are just a few characteristics of this rod in particular.
The low price and high quality is a great YES on this product. Its performance is incredible and you will enjoy fishing alone, with your friends or family in style and comfort!
As with all fishing rods available on the market nowadays, there needs to be a certain amount of experience and practice when using a jiggling rod. Apart from that, Fenwick EWS72ML-F 6.3-Foot Elite Tech Walleye Jigging Rod, Medium Power, Extra Fast Action is just perfect for your fishing sessions.
Fenwick EWS72ML-F 6.3-Foot Elite Tech Walleye Jigging Rod, Medium Power, Extra Fast Action is just one of many rods in the Fenwick family. This brand has a great reputation worldwide for years of producing rods of excellence, being trusted.
The Greenwater Series from G. Loomis is specifically designed for unique fisheries and the GWMR843C Casting Rod is perfect for that. This rod is especially for successfully capturing fish in shallow water but is equally effective for larger fish in deeper water. That makes this casting rod a superb choice for any fisherman.
These G. Loomis Greenwater GWMR843C Casting Rods are not your typical shallow water rods. They perform at a far higher spinning rate than most other types. They are extremely lightweight and are virtually indestructible.
If you want to be in the waters where the fish will come to feed and take full advantage of that, this is the casting rod for you. The quality is superior to all other casting rods, the price is competitive, and this product receives nothing but rave reviews from everyone who uses it.
The G. Loomis Greenwater GWMR843C Casting Rod is produced with high grade fiber blend technology and chrome Alconite guides manufactured by Fuji. It is also comprised of jigs, plastic jerk baits that are soft and fishing spoons. All of these elements combine to make for one high-class fisherman’s casting rod.
Some GWMR models are specifically meant for bigger fish. If you like to have plenty of options when it comes to your fishing expeditions, you might want to purchase one model for the smaller fish and a separate model for larger fish. The affordability of the price will allow you to do this easily. Each of the rods you buy will last an incredibly long time, making it well worth your initial investment.
What is required is bait-casting rods that cope with our expectations and provide us with the sport and skills we think we can master?
Enter stage: The Lamiglas Xmg series. The Lamiglas Xmg 50 Casting rod (EXC 92M, 9-Feet/2-Inch) serves to result in delivering the ultimate pleasure sought, but through its modern science and technology. Here we have the ultimate rod that works with you, your feel and your touch.
Your passion for the fishing sport needs to be balanced with the intended use and sensitivity of the rod and equipment you are using. The Lamiglas Xmg 50 Casting rod (EXC 92M, 9-Feet/2-Inch) serves that up in buckets.
The rod’s design and intended use is for drift fishing rivers and streams to encapsulate all the anglers actions in casting spinners and spoons – striking and fighting! The Lamiglas Xmg 50 Casting rod (EXC 92M, 9-Feet/2-Inch) performs in unison with the anglers needs because of its special qualities.
Its lightness, flexibility, speed of action, versatility and graphite sensitivity combines all the attributes of serious fishing but at the same time delivers fun and exhilaration. What more could an angler want? The combination of the Lamiglas Xmg 50 Casting rod (EXC 92M, 9-Feet/2-Inch) with a BC Steel is an amazing partnership for salmon and steelhead fishing.
Whether be it the mountain lakes or off the shore waters, Okuma Fishing Tackle will always embrace your love and passion for fishing.
Pros of Okuma Fishing Tackle:
- It is designed with Scott Martin Concept TCS Technique Specific Casting Rods a special made rod for fishing in tournaments.
- Its design are tour ready rods and fully focuses on power, sensitivity, accuracy, good hook hold, and it does ward off exhaustion too.
- Okuma Fishing Tackle is made up of Carbon of 30- ton with blank construction that is ultra sensitive.
- Casting as well as spinning is made with ALPS guide frames that are made of stainless steel along with custom-made seats of carbon reel of C -40X.
- Inserts of guides of aluminum oxide (hard) for usage in braid lines.
- Hooks in area of split grip for constant versatility.
- This Fishing Tackle is light weight too. Usage of EVA split and fore grip for reducing weight.
- It has 2.00”h x 2.00”w x 87.00”l; dimensions with .29 pounds weight.
Cons of Okuma Fishing Tackle:
- Tournament concept designed rods but with a lifetime warranty that is limited.
- It is available in limited shops only.
These rods feature a slew of brilliant features, together with a strong lifting power for maximized performance irrespective of the offshore species.
During a recent ICAST show, Penn’s reps made it clear that their intention with this rod was to offer great value at fair prices to fishing enthusiasts. Ally’s rods feature quality components that facilitate better performance. However, it doesn’t end there folks. Take a look at the great advantages you can expect from Penn Ally 2050 Boat Casting Rods.
- Ally rods include heavy-duty pacific bay graphite/ machined reel seats(aluminum) which are specially designed to keep a secure grip on the reel.
- It boasts of uniquely designed EVA Torque fore-grips, which are contoured to perfectly fit in the hand and minimize chances of the rod twisting especially under heavy load.
- They are custom designed and balanced to ensure optimum performance irrespective of targeted offshore, inshore or near coastal species.
- For added durability, they feature strong one-piece tubular glass together with a tip that Penn dubs Solid Tip Technology.
- It’s ideal for sport fishing, whether you are using a spinning road to pitch a live bait to a striped bass/ bluefish or drifting for sharks or trolling for tuna.
- When you can’t pack all your outfits on board, it’s really amazing to know that a single rod can actually be a jack of all trades. The rod can literally perform a host of functions.
- The stainless steel LR turbo-frame contains Aluminum Oxide inserts that are lightweight and use a special shape which prevent the line from being tangled.
- Machined aluminum rollers add durability to your line through reducing friction often experienced in areas such as the tip guide and stripper guide.
- The one-piece tubular glass and solid tip assist in preventing breakage.
- The aluminum gimbals provide additional strength, in addition to a secure connection during flight.
The most impressive feature that struck me right after opening the package was the weight. This rod was simply light as a feather. It is made of micro fibers that seem to have done the trick in reducing the weight compared to almost all previous rods. I was instantly curios to try it out.
On my first fishing trip a few weeks later, I had the change to try it. While it was not the only rod I had with me it soon became my favorite one. The lightness of the rod was difficult to get used to first, because it is very sensitive to even the slightest movements, but once I got started fishing went smoothly.
Our catch was above average and we stayed at the lake for longer than planned, partly because swinging it was not demanding strength wise. I also found it easy to attach different reels to the rod, but as can be expected, Quantum´s smoke reel was the best match.
Another great feature was the silence. The water splashing from the lure breaching the surface was by far the loudest sound that could be heard. It was also rather easy to cast with precision even for long distances.
There are a few downsides I have to mention as well. One is related to the weight. Although this is mainly a good feature I have not tested the limits of this rod yet. It can clearly twist more than 90 degrees, but how much the rod will take before snapping is something I don´t know yet.
Also how extreme temperatures will affect it are still unknown to me. Another has to do with attaching other reels than Quantum´s own to this rod. The reel part weighs more than would be expected and this gives and imbalanced feeling when casting.
The rod also features a sensitive and light blank with perfect action and high strength. The following gives a detailed review about this wonderful bait casting rod.
Pros associated with the Tica HLHB salmon steelhead spinning fishing rod.
- One of the main advantages about this equipment is its durable feature. The feature is associated with the high modulus graphite material the rod is made of.
- It is comfortable due to its rigid grip.
- The rod also has top quality guides by Fuji, and the color scheme is muted, which is an advantage to many people. Most fishers prefer not to be distracted by flashy shocking colors on their fishing weekends.
- It is splendid and eye-catching, most especially to people who love details and uniqueness in a product.
- The rod is strong and has a firm grip that will never disappoint you.
- The shipping fee and packaging are satisfactory to consumers who love shopping online.
Cons associated with the Tica HLHB salmon steelhead spinning fishing rod.
The only con associated with the Tica HLHB salmon steelhead spinning fishing rod is that it has a shorter grip. This is a disadvantage to people who like to cover a bigger ground without having to sacrifice too much control when their fish is on.